Sunday, May 4, 2008

Planet Earth

Counter

Free Counter

While I haven't seen all of BBC's Planet Earth mini series, I've seen enough to know it's incredible. And for those of you looking for some new inspiring non-lyrical music to listen to, I highly recommend the Planet Earth soundtrack. (Amazon MP3, $14 for the two-disc set) Each song is from a different subject, which makes for an intense sampling of inspiration without the obligation of listening to the entire score beginning to end every time. (Well, maybe y'all don't have the problem, but there are certain albums that I feel obligated to listen to them beginning to end because of the interwoven themes and such. I feel that if the composer put it all together as a whole piece, it should be listened to as an whole piece.) Anyway, it's like a sampler of soundtrack music, the best of a bunch of different scores, a cinematic soundscape for those unfamiliar with this particular musical ground. It's delicious.

No comments: