Monday, September 15, 2008

Sometimes I can't even take the blessings

Counter

So if you don't already know, I'm a bit of a whiner. Usually you have to be a pretty close friend for me to openly whine in your presence, but it's always there, lurking under the surface. I don't know for sure, but it may be one of my spiritual gifts. I'm pretty good at it.

So I've been whining a little about how long it takes to raise support for missions. Did I mention I'm also impatient? And then after I've whined a-plenty for days on end, I get word that support had come in, and a lot of it.

So when sister Daylan and I were headed up to Alaska, we ended up staying a bit with a friend in Seattle. This friend's brother was a good friend of mine in highschool, but contact had waned since graduating nine-and-a-bit years ago, and we really hadn't seen much of each other for the better part of 9 years. We ended up getting to catch up a bit while we visited Seattle, and I had a chance to share my upcoming mission work with Pioneers. He requested some support information, which eventually made its way to his hand. Recently, weeks since I had last seen my friend, I got an email from him, and word was given that he was very happy to support his old friend in an exciting ministry opportunity. I won't give specifics, but he and his wife were far more generous than I could have ever imagined. I was blown away. What a humbling experience to know that a whiner like me can be totally bowled over by God's hand in my life and the lives of those I know.

I'm not used to being blessed like that. I hope I never get used to it.

Cheers.

No comments: