Thursday, May 21, 2009

Craziness...

Does anyone else think "craziness" look strange because of the "i" where the "y" should be? Also, does anyone else want me to continue using "quotation marks" willy-nilly "throughout" the "rest of" this blog"?" If so, "you" need to read "this other blog."

This last weekend I went to Portland, had a great time with nice sunny and warm weather, including a picnic with all of my siblings and their spouse or soon-to-be-spouse. (Drew's getting married in less than a month to a lovely girl named Ashleigh.) I got to hang out with quite a few of my really good friends, and received serious affirmation that I should be moving back to Portland as soon as I can. Which brings me to my next point.

On Sunday in Portland I got a chance to meet with my friend Laki, a fellow videographer to whom I'm connected through Mandi. Laki and his brother are getting serious about their videography, investing in all sorts of amazing equipment, and getting ready to make their mark on the Portland filmmaking scene. The thing with people in filmmaking is that so many of them have enormous egos, an intensely pretentious lot. Those kind of people can be hard to work with, the kind of people I don't really want to work with. Laki feels the same way, and so it's looking like I'm going to join forces with him and his brother, at least some of the time. I just ordered that nice new camera I have been praying about (thanks in part to a generous loan from Pioneers) and will also be offering my services as a solo videographer. Here's where you come in.

I need work anywhere in the Northwest (unless willing to pay airfare, in which case the sky's the limit.) If you know anyone getting married within the next few months, and I can be there, please recommend my services to them. I'm not often a shameless (or shameful, for that matter) self-promoter, but I really need to secure as much work as I can handle over the next few months. Don't worry, my blog won't become a festering wound of self-advertising, but right now I kind of have to be. My email and phone number are fair-game to anyone, and I'm working on getting a simple website up, I'll let you know when that's online. Thanks for your help with this. I'm taking a bit of a step in faith with all this, but I'm excited at the potential.

So yeah, right now pray for work to come in, and pray I'll keep my eyes on Christ and the great things He has in store for me. Thanks everybody.

Cheers.



Counter
12684

No comments: