Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Counter

Free Counter

Well, finally the news everyone has been waiting for. I am now officially an appointee with Pioneers. So now I get to start figuring out all the details of raising support, what my position will look like, and everything else. I'm planning on joining a team called ComNet whose objective is to tell stories in the field using media such as video, photography, writing, graphic design, and anything else that might help communicate real life stories. For me, this is an incredibly exciting time, as I finally begin to learn what God has had in the works for me over the last decade or so. I have purpose and direction, and it couldn't be sweeter. Oh, and a huge plug for Pioneers, if you're looking for a mission organization that can use your specific talents and giftings, Pioneers is the place. If you're looking for a rigidly structured, hierarchical organization that will TELL you where you will be used, Pioneers is probably NOT the place for you. This week in Orlando getting to know the staff, and vice versa, has been invaluable. What an amazing colleciton of really neat people! (For more info, go to www.pioneers.org or contact me.) So in the next day or so I will have my Pioneers account number, and if any of you would be interested in more than prayer support, any sort of donation can be taken, once I provide a couple more details.

So it looks like I'll be stationed in Turkey or Thailand, and from there will be sent on assignments to areas within that larger region. So Turkey would provide access to Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Thailand would provide access to most of Asia. From what I've heard, there will be no shortage of interest in media as a communicator, and I will be busy all the time, which sounds good to me. As for when I could leave, it's hard to say without having raised support and finished some of the other requirements of my appointment. But the start is nearer now than it's ever felt before, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. Most of you can expect that I'll be getting in contact with you all in a less impersonal way than a blog... like a mass email or some sort of elaborate set up of lanterns and morse code, only communicated at dusk from the bow of a ship anchored offshore in a North by Northwesterly direction... Ta for now.

1 comment:

lori said...

Hip hip hooray, hip hop hooreu, ho ho ho! And what bless-ed news this is. I wonder why Turkey or Thailand? You can't convince me of the non-corporate feel to an organization that insists on offering assignments based strictly on alliteration coordination. But you know best. The get-to-know-'em trip sounds like it was rad.

Keep in touch!