Sunday, June 29, 2008

Extra free Young Dubliners

Counter

Free Counter

I would like to say that a Sunday afternoon in Bend with a free concert is awesome. A free concert with the Young Dubliners is stinkin' awesome! Traditional Irish music fused with rock. Oh man. So good. Plus, the guy playing whistles and uilleann pipes is the same guy who was the featured soloist on the scores for Braveheart and Titanic. He busted out a little Braveheart at one point, and I thought that my goosebumps might become so intense that my pores would stay that way permanently. Fortunately, with a little coaxing, they subsided to a normal level after a couple minutes. I'm one of the few guys I know who's a sucker for celtic music, so to hear it played so energetically and tightly was awesome. And it was free. Daylan and I even rode our bikes there, so it was extra free. Good stuff.

No comments: