Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekly, schmeekly

Man, I've already set myself up for failure with this whole regularity in blogging thing... Better slightly late than never, though, I suppose.

So the big news from this week is that I bought tickets to Thailand! This is just for a survey trip, check the place out, meet a bunch of people, see if it all really clicks with me. There is a retreat for all the Pioneers people in the region scheduled for the time I'll be there, so this should be a great time to really connect with a lot of folks. And here is the very best piece of news: Mandi is coming along! I asked her to think about coming along on this trip even though things didn't look monetarily, but God came through in the way of a nice tax return, and within the week I had purchased TWO tickets (at a great price, I might add.) This whole decision had blessing written all over it, and I'm stoked about it. If ever there were a good test of our relationship, flying and lay-overing for 28 hours should get nerves frazzled and let our true colors out. Could be interesting! (Do I smell a reality TV series? If so, we can exaggerate every reaction and emotion to make for better television. Let me know if you have funding for something like that...)

I now have 130 people in my Facebook prayer group, which is awesome. I didn't know how many people would be in to joining another group, but there was a significant response, which is great. So again if you're a Facebooker, click here to join my group.

It's been a busy week, and this week is going to be busy as well. However, I'm still hoping to get a fresh letter sent out for your reading enjoyment. Again, if you think you might have been left off the mailing list, please send me an email at the address at the top of the screen.

This week pray with me that the prayer and financial partners I need will keep coming in. Recessions don't affect God's work because He has infinite resources. Also pray that I remember that He's in charge and not me.

Thanks for praying. Cheers.


Counter

1 comment:

lori said...

This is exciting news indeed!