Sunday, February 22, 2009

Almost There

By the time you read this, my next support letter should be ready for printing. Better extraordinarily late than never...? You be the judge.

This has been one of those weeks that seemed really busy until I looked back on it. Perhaps I did too much thinking about the future and that made things seem busy. Or maybe I just don't have the stamina for work that I once did, especially now that I don't have a regular work schedule. Anyway, it seemed like a busy week, but it probably wasn't.

Mandi and I are looking forward to our trip to Thailand. We are also looking into a fun idea which will help us connect to you in person. We have been throwing around the idea of traveling around the country to places where we know people, and putting on house parties to share our vision for missions with small groups in a warm and familiar setting. I have just begun recording my first album, and by the time we would start these house parties, I would be able to perform a number of the songs as a part of the gathering. Honestly, I love the idea of community and missions, bringing together like-minded people around the idea of the great commission. Realistically, if we were able to act on this idea, it wouldn't happen until August, maybe September. If you like this idea or would be interested in hosting one of these in your home, anywhere in the country, please let me know via comment or the email address toward the top of the screen.

So feel free to wait beside your mailbox for my new letter, unless I don't have your address. Please, if you want a letter, make sure I have your current information. Thanks.

1 comment:

lori said...

You could come to our house in Montana and talk about anything you please. And sing. Jason will make coffee, I will make chocolate cake, and Zoralee will make squeaks. Then we shall all smoke a cigar and go to bed.