Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back on track!

Good day to you all!

So I recently had to do some serious thinking and praying about where my life is going right now. From last April until late November I had no doubt whatsoever that I was supposed to raise prayer and financial support in order to go overseas and make videos about what God is doing through Pioneers. There were no distractions, and my vision was singular. Then God decided to have a little fun with me and introduce me to an incredible girl named Mandi. Up until November I didn't have anyone but myself to think about, which has often seemed like an advantage to me. Being single gives you certain freedoms of movement, certain freedoms of lifestyle. However, at the introduction of my significant other, I was forced to add another variable (albeit a very cute and important variable) to my life's equation. So instead of responding to the challenge of new perspective, I kind of dropped off the face of the earth, neither moving forward nor backward toward my goal of working with Pioneers.

A little more than a week ago I realized that this doesn't have to be an either/or process, but God, in His infinite wisdom, is quite capable of orchestrating whatever He thinks is best. I'm convinced He still wants me to pursue work with Pioneers, and in light of that I'd like to announce that I'm back on track! I've definitely neglected those of you who have pledged support, and for that I apologize. I know I've said it before, but I plan to have a new letter out soon with current stats and prayer requests. I also had some magnets printed up with my pretty mug on them so you can put it on your fridge and remember the guy who has so unjustly neglected you all. Believe me, I love all of you with Christ's brotherly love, and look forward to communicating more frequently as I pursue the ideas and people God has placed in my life. And please feel free at any point to give me a verbal or textual slap upside the head if I ever drop off the edge again.

2 comments:

Justin said...

You're apologizing for being distracted by a woman?

Are you kidding?

Unknown said...

Dayn. Be blog friends with us.

-Amanda. (and the tech-challenged Sam)