Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mandi Eats a Grasshopper


There are markets everywhere in Chiang Mai. Cheap produce, cookware, clothing, you name it, you can get it within a 10 or 15 minute walk.

This video was at the Sunday Walking Street Market, a large-scale weekly market that blocks off drivers from several streets, making for (what felt like) miles upon miles of Thai goodies. I'm not a huge market person, as I'm very much a goal-oriented shopper. I have to know what I want, get in and get out. Markets don't cater well to someone such as myself. But I can enjoy them for a short time. Or tolerate them for a slightly longer time.

And don't worry, I ate a grasshopper right after Mandi, but I neglected to tape myself doing so. If you don't believe me, ask Mandi or Jason. And they're right, it's not bad at all, aside from some strange textures, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's similar to chicken. Chicken doesn't have tiny legs that can get stuck in your teeth. Unless you have an enormous mouth.

Counter
6440

No comments: