Sunday, April 19, 2009

What I Need and What I Want

I've been reviewing the video footage I captured in Thailand. My poor little camera (my better camera was too big to take on this trip) has seen better days. It began crapping out a little, the tiny flip-out screen beginning to flicker and sputter every now and again. The footage I got with this stalwart soldier of a camera is adequate, but I've certainly reached the end of its usefulness. Perhaps this was this little camera's last hurrah.

Working within the limitations of my equipment is something I'm fairly accustomed to. I'm used to taking sub-standard equipment and either making do, or pushing it to it's limits of use. Using my little camera has given me reason to reflect on whether my dissatisfaction in my equipment is justifiable: am I ungrateful for what I have, or do I really desire to do the very best I can? I long for the chance to work with equipment that does what I want it to do, that allows me to be limited more by my own creativity and less by my gear. I've begun to pray that God would allow me to have a couple pieces of equipment, including a particular video camera which would be perfect for the kind of work I will be doing. This camera costs thousands of dollars, but I'm beginning to understand trusting God in prayer. Please pray with me that He will allow me to have the proper tools for this work. I want badly to give my very best, and while I don't know how I can get this equipment, I know He can do it. Pray with me. Thanks.

Counter
5318

No comments: