Monday, March 9, 2009

Back on track?

Hello friends!

So I'm going to skip my usual pre-substance pleasantries and skip straight to a prayer request (with a bit of an explanation.)

For years I've had periodic low-back problems, and about a year and a half ago I got a real diagnosis for the problem. I have a shear in my sacrum. In other words, the very bottom of my spine, up against the inside of my pelvis, is off kilter. After regular doctor visits last year when I had medical insurance, I had been without a major back-related injury for more than a year until today. I was working as a substitute assistant this morning, and the simple action of kicking a soccer ball threw my back out. Must have been teetering on the edge of going out. So I drove over to my dad so he could help me pop my back the way my Osteopath told me I could. We did it without much change, so we tried it again, and I think we may have made it worse. Lying down, the pain is manageable, standing and walking is only tolerable for a short time, quickly resulting in excruciating pain like I've never felt. It's quite amazing, really. Until today I had never fallen down out of pure pain, which can't be very good for the old back. My doctor is back in Portland, and since I'm 150 miles from there, I have made an appointment with a local Osteopath. Unfortunately I am without medical insurance, but I don't really have the option to leave this one unchecked, so I'll pay for it with money I don't really have. I've spent a lot of time praying that God would deliver me from this, and I ask that you pray as well. Please pray not only for deliverance for the time being, but that this problem would go away for ever. May as well pray for major deliverance while we're praying at all, eh?

Thailand is sneaking up quickly. Most of the major details have already been taken care of, and the ones that haven't been taken care of are the ones I'm not aware of. We will get to visit with some of my family friends while we're in the area, and then head out to a retreat center outside of Chiang Mai for a week or so. After the retreat we head back to Chiang Mai for another 5 days or so, where we'll have a chance to explore the area. Assuming my back is cooperating by then...

So yeah, please pray for my back. Let me know how I can pray for you!

Cheers.

Counter

1 comment:

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Oh geesh. Sad. Now I feel like a real terd for only wanting you to blog when you were in THAT much pain.

I'm sorry! I WILL pray for that, and having been healed myself before, I know it can happen for you too -- completely.