Monday, March 23, 2009

Coming Up Quickly

Thailand is coming up quickly. We will be leaving this Saturday, early afternoon, flying to Tokyo, a short layover, and moving on to Bangkok. We have an 8 hour layover, overnight, in Bangkok, and are debating whether we'll just try to grab some sleep in the airport that night, or whether we'll be able to get a ride into the city and check things out. The next morning we'll take the puddle-jumper to Chiang Mai, and we'll be picked up at the airport by my family friends the Sheahans. It's going to be a long 35 hours from start to finish, but I'm going to see if I can't hold off sleeping Friday night and catch some sleep during the night of our destination's time-zone. It might make me pretty crabby, so we'll see.

I'm bringing along my computer, still camera, and my small and crappy video camera, and I'm really hoping for a good internet connection at least a couple times during the trip. Hopefully I can keep up my weekly updates, possibly with photos and video if I can work it out. We'll see. It's all very exciting, and I'm glad you guys will get some vicarious living through Mandi and me. Keep praying for us, for safety and that the trip will be productive and enjoyable. Thanks.

Been thinking about what I'm going to do when we get back from our trip. I really feel I need to move back to Portland sometime in the next couple months or so because Mandi, my great friends, and my amazing home church are all there. The thing I've been worried about is whether I can find work there. I was talking with my current boss here in Bend, and we're going to have a conversation, when I return, about helping him operate/sell a particular product we've recently begun selling. If you want details, you can get a hold of me, but the gist of this thing is that it is basically a live-video production set-up in a box, rather than an entire production van to do the same thing. Anyway, his company has recently become Oregon's representative for this product, and there's a chance I could continue to work for this company, but I could live in Portland. Nothing's for sure in all this, but if you guys could keep praying about this opportunity, that things would work out in a way that only God can orchestrate, that would be great.

I'm looking forward to leaving my next post from a yet to be disclosed location in Chiang Mai.

Cheers.



Counter
3889

2 comments:

shannon said...

Yay! Move to Portland!

lori said...

We're watching you. Two and a half days until you're off to Chiang Mai, easy to remember since it was our favorite Thai restaurant in Anchorage.

Happy and safe travels to you, Dayn and Mandi!